Wednesday, 4 February 2015

Smoke

I'm finally posting this painting that was completed several months ago. It took forever to get this right and it was a development of a charcoal drawing on the next page. The charcoal does not look as bad as the photo suggests. Not sure why it took so long unless it was due to the delusive nature of the image. The lack of detail is not something I'm good at, but would like to be! The other problem was that it was painted on a board which was not sealed very well and needed lots of oil paint.  I used a reference photo from a photo session I did with Elena D. for some idea I have not started yet and it was just a accidental shot. A bit like the small pieces of Card.
94 cm by 61cm